Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Decorating Woes

Well, I still had off on Monday, so I decided to get a headstart on Chirstmas tree decorations. I decided this year to add some silk flowers to the tree, in addition to garland. It would be rustic and natural. I had decided on chyrsanthemums, since I think of them as festive. Plus, I had seen a lot of nice ones at JoAnn's back in the Halloween timeframe. Silly me. My JoAnn's is too tiny to accomidate the massive Christmas displays and the normal array of silk plants. (I couldn't find the normal candles either.) Gah!

Disappointed, and hatching feverish thoughts of trekking off to a distant JoAnn's that is bigger, I settled for across town to the Michael's. Their display of other than Christmas florals was decent, but I still cannot figure out where all the chrysanthemums went. I found a few stems, but I had to pick up some carnations to fill out the colorways.

Adding insult to injury, I drove past the stand where I got my Christmas tree last year. It was not set up. There was construction on all sides of it. Some guys were stringing up lights, so I hope it does open, just later after the curb work is done. I mean, I got THE absolute perfect tree there last year. I was looking forward to another one. I hope they open by next week.