Friday, October 13, 2006

Anatomy of a Morning

Change alarm to 6 am.

Wake up to alarm.

Wander outside to see if first frost arrived.

Be very chilly, but relieved that there is no frost.

Go back to bed.


Well, the temperature dropped into the low 30s, but no frost. Still, the Hibiscus is inside, we'll see how the two flower buds do. I still can't believe it developed two buds while it was chilly out. The amaryllis is in too. That's just waiting for the signal to pull it up to have it bloom for Christmas. Or rather New Years, since I visit my folks for Christmas.

Last night I cut the back lawn. No sight of Perseus the Toad, but then it was too chilly for toads, and there wasn't any sun. Man, I'd forgotten how nice it is to mow the lawn and not be drenched in sweat afterwards. Although, it does seem like the grass is settling in for winter. I didn't need to empty the bagger as many times as I did. I was also very careful while mowing the strip that is going to be a garden next year. That's where I've been spotting Perseus and she might have been dug in there.