Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Mighty Clover

I got out in my garden last night. I enlarged the iris patch to add the six Tennesee iris that my dad gave me. We had gotten them over a decade ago from the uncle I had just visited. My mom got them on her previous visit when he was still in Tennessee. An heirloom of sorts.

While I was digging up the grass for the iris, I set aside a couple clumps with clover in them. After planting the iris, I took the grass out front and planted it in my front yard. The front yard is pretty scraggly, so I thought a transplant might help. Or at least some clover might take. We'll see how it goes. Then again, I'm moving it from full sun to partial shade.

I also got some pictures of the beach we visited in Florida on my photobucket account, finally. It is the John A. MacArthur State Park in West Palm Beach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi millionbells,

I'm writing from Open Source, a public radio show based in Boston and distributed around the country. We'd like to put some of your blog prose on the radio.

Last year we started what we hope will be a yearly tradition for us called "Blogsday." Based loosely on Bloomsday, which celebrates "Ulysses" as an evocation of the whole world in a single day (in Joyce's case, June 16, 1904), the idea is create a mosaic portrait of our country out of excerpts from blog posts written on the same day. (In our case this past Tuesday, June 6th.) You can find more information here:

http://www.radioopensource.org/blogsday-2006/

After assembling this year's excerpts we bring in two accomplished and agile actors to read them. I'm writing now because your post "The Mighty Clover" caught our eye and we're interested in using it on the show, which will air live on Thursday night from 7-8pm EST. In the interim between Spring and Summer here in Cambridge Ma, the sky is completely grey and rainy. Your mighty clovers would be a welcome splash of sun (and also a great tie-in to Mother's day past and father's day soon!). I hope you'll allow us to read your piece.

We can't pay anything -- this is public radio after all -- but we can guarantee a respectful treatment, a national radio audience, and a link on our blog.

A quick reply would be very appreciated. We're currently knee-deep in our favorite posts for Thursday's show, and would like to know as soon as possible which ones will be available.

Best regards,
Colin Baker
colin@radioopensource.org

millionbells said...

Sure, go right ahead.