Monday, June 12, 2006

Less Lawn, More Weeds

I enlarged one of the hosta beds under the deck, to make mowing a bit easier. So, I ripped sod up. I transported that sod, to a low spot under the rainspout. It was heavy work with the shovel. Then after improving the soil, I plopped in two lily tuffs, that my dad had given me. I plan to place one or two of my peonies into this space, and then sticking in a couple beebalm seedlings.



My back and calf muscles are still complaining about the heavy lifting. On the not so heavy lifting front, I potted up some of my petunia seedlings. Since I find myself with a wealth of petunia seedlings, I over planted the pot a bit. I can always thin it out later, or transfer them to a different pot.



I've been getting a good bit of rain, more than is falling at the airports, but then again, my neighborhood always gets more rain, so we're still running low. But it is encouraging everything to bloom!