Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sunny Seedlings

Last night I played I my compost pile. I dug my gardening fork through it and turned it over the best I could, without just blatantly moving the pile from one place to the other. I even made sure there there plenty of worms in it. Then I piled more leaves on top. I used a snow shovel to clean up my patio from the winter rubbish a little.

Then, I put the ants in the peonies, literally. It seems that the ants that were trailing into my house most of the winter, were living underneath the newspaper covering my birdbath. Yikes! I discovered the pseudo-ant hill when I was setting up the birdbath in the birdbath garden. I squished most of the eggs, but a lot of the ants got away. Oh, well, so long as they're away from the house. And hopefully the rain this morning will fill up the birdbath. :)

And before bed, I checked on the seeds I planted. They are sitting on the top of the refridgerator to help warm the bottom. And to keep me from obsessing over them. ;) One sunflower seedling was sticking up about half an inch, although the seed was still covering the leaves. Very nice. And two beebalm seeds might have been thinking about sprouting too. That was quick.