Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Breakup

Well, it seems like the flock is breaking up into breeding pairs. The sparrows are gathering in smaller and smaller numbers. Which is a good thing. But they don't seem to be eating as much birdseed. Then again, more insects are on the move. It just seems so odd, after having the greedy guts cleaning off the feeder since August when it got put out. I'd be putting out less, but I want to get through this bag with the extra sunflower seeds. Never again. It is very, very messy.

And supposedly the hummingbirds are back in the region. As of Saturday. Eek. I am so not ready! I did buy two tiny feeders, but I didn't get any railing planters to stick them in! Ah, well, at least the neighbor has their feeders out. And the hummers won't miss what wasn't there, right? I've got to get on the ball and order the planters I want.