Thursday, March 02, 2006

Garden Plans

Hmm, I never did write up my seed and plant choices for this spring. The front gardens are full, so nothing really going in there. I might sprinkle some vine seeds in the rhodedendron bushes to give it some summer interest. The back deck is going to turn into a container garden. I'm going to get three to four of the over the railing planters and fill them with petunias and pansies. In addition to the pinky-orange ones I have at the moment, I'm going to order some yellow and white ones. A couple pansies purchased at a garden center and nasturium from seed will round those out. The lantana will also go into pots on the deck. And I'll watch the garden centers for million bells.

The former coneflower garden by the shed will be planted with butterfly weed and cosmos. More butterfly weed will end up in the new birdbath garden. I've already got the bird bath. Sunflowers, dwarf morning glories and peonies will round out that garden. A few snapdragons might go in there too. Snapdragons, peonies and some other border plant will go along the fence where the satellite cable is. I can't put spreading plants there, because they would spread under the fence into the neighbor's garden. The extension of the hosta bed will eventually get a butterfly bush, I've decided, but not this year. More border plants will go there, possibly some dwarf morning glories.

I will see about some hanging pots under the deck with nasturium vines. I want at least one over the compost pile. I might work up to a long planter under there as well by the drain spout.