Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lincoln's Snow Storm

So, I've gotten my exercise for the day. We had about 6-7 inches of wet snow. I'm not quite sure about the amount, though. I didn't get out to measure it until later in the afternoon, and there had already been a significant amount of melting. A friend of mine was nice enough to come over and shovel the worst of my walks. That just left digging out my car. Which was a lot of work. Six inches of wet snow is a lot to move. But fortunately, the snow plow didn't bury my car.

But it was a good packing snow. Not that there will be many snow sculptures around. Temperatures were on the warm side this afternoon, and a good strong sun. There has been a lot of melting going on. The roads are completely clear. So, aside from ice tomorrow morning, this snow won't really impact the commute. Yippee!

We also had some ultra rare thundersnow last night. I was up at some ungodly hour of the night and saw the lightning flashes.

Oh, and happy 100th post!

2 comments:

Jessica Harwood said...

I miss this kind of snow. Great for snowmen and snowball fights!

millionbells said...

I miss being able to enjoy this kind of snow, instead of wearing myself out shoveling it. :) But yes, it was great packing. The kids in the neighborhood really enjoyed themselves.