Monday, October 17, 2005

Picture Days

This is going to be a photo intensive post. I'm off today and not really feeling healthy enough to do anything strenuous. So, after the 50th time of a little mystery pink flower winking at me from out back, I decided to go take some pictures and explore.

This is the little corpse of trees and bushes and other wild weeds behind my fenced in back yard.


This is the little pink flower that was winking at me. I thought it might have been a phlox until I got close enough to see it. I'll have to look it up.


Since I was out, I decided to take a bit of a walk and take some more pictures of what was out there. There were some interesting foliage plants.







There was another patch of that pink flower further down. I snagged some seeds and sprinkled them in one of the hosta beds.




I think this is a Joe Pye's Weed. I'm not sure. It just looks like butterflies would love it, if it wasn't in the process of going to seed.


I'll close out this post with some pictures of the creek that feeds this little "wetlands"/weed patch.