Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Icicle Pansies

Well, I was good about not buying plants early until I got the grocery store. They had pansies on special. I figured why not, pansies can handle a little frost. They actually prefer cooler weather. So, three pots came home with me. I didn't plant them right away. Something about the way the weathermen were avoiding talking about the weather past Wednesday.

It turns out that there is going to be a hard freeze later this week. And there is an Alberta Clipper heading this way too. Winter just has to hang on doesn't it? *sigh*

Well, I did get a few more weeds dug up last night while it was nice.

3 comments:

Rosengeranium said...

I decorate the Easter table with pansies - perhaps an idea to pick up while waiting for better weather. (It doesn't have to be for easter of course - any feast will do.)

Anonymous said...

I am new to these icicle pansies, I didn't realise this is what I had bought last year, (I put them in containers but it looks like they have sown themselves in the garden. They actually did survive the hard frosts at night here, so maybe they will for you.

millionbells said...

They should survive, I just don't feel inspired to plant them out when spring is being so rudely stolen from me, that's all. And it turns out that I don't have as much time after work this week as I had thought.