Friday, May 04, 2007

Seedlings and Saplings

I managed a little weeding last night. Mainly pulling little trees out of the gardens. A few dandelions got dug out too, along with some wayward grass. I also put down some more clippings and leaves to smother some of the encroaching grass. I prefer the smother/mulch method of enlarging gardens. Especially, since I'm going with store bought annuals in that particular garden. Although, I do think I'll let the evening primrose take over the grass as much as they want.

I also started 10 sunflower seedlings this morning. It took the entire night for the peat inserts from last year to get moist enough. Ten is probably too many for the spot, but they are last year's seeds. The rest of the pack will probably get mailed to my parents. Their birds haven't been keeping up with reseeding their sunflowers.