Friday, June 02, 2006

Interruptions

A broken AC has made it harder to get my pictures resized and posted than I thought. There was another interruption last night, as a line of very strong thunderstorms swept the area. It was so strong, I kept getting power fluctuations. Which convinced me that working on the computer wasn't the best thing in the world.

So, after I logged off, I went to watch the storm, which arrived within minutes. It looked like the first thirty seconds was pea-sized hail, but it melted so quickly, I'm not sure I actually saw it. (Moved from upstairs window to deck window to check and it wasn't there.)

There were at least three stunning lightning strikes nearby, and several waves of pouring rain. The only window that was open, was the one in the screen door, since that's the only one with a roof over it. Still, a glorious storm.

Which unfortunately, left behind a sauna this morning and lots of fog. :/