Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Equinox!

This afternoon at 1:26 pm EST, Spring will start! That's important to remember in advance of the forecast tomorrow: wintery mix. Yuck.

My hibiscus bud is big enough to tell what color it is, red. Which means that this is Sweat Pea, and I lost Candy the gold one. Ah, well. Now I know what color to buy when I get another. The yellow lantana that I bought last year is putting up new growth, and some attempts at buds. In the wetlands out back, there are daffodils blooming and a forcythia decked out in yellow blossoms.

Peepers quieted down with temperatures in the 40s dipping down to the 20s. But they still peep when it hits the 50s during the day.

I ordered a seed starting tray and more seeds yesterday. The only one packet of seeds left to buy is the Nasturtium Whirlybird Cherry Rose. I'm not certain how much room I'll have for nasturium, and I already have a package of a mix.