Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Settling Back In

I had a very pleasant holiday weekend, and I hope everyone else did too. I also missed the little bit of snow that hit the region Wednesday night/Thursday morning. The frigid temperatures that followed were not a good thing, either. But we've got balmy temperatures in the 60s, which is enough cause for celebration right now.

While on my trip home, I picked up a few garden supplies. Or was gifted with ones my dad didn't want. One cement bird bath and a cement planter. I forgot to pick one of the shovels he found at the thrift store. I'll have to grab that at Christmas. Boy, cement is heavy. The bird bath managed to get deposited on the back deck, but the cement planter didn't make it past the front stoop. In fact, it took the newly gifted hand-truck to get it to the front stoop. I'm just happy they are out of the car.

And a lantana update. The potted lantana is not happy with the dryness of the house. I need to remember to water it twice a week. It was very not happy with the Thanksgiving drought. There is also new growth on the cuttings. Yippee! I was worried there for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How nice you have new growth on the cuttings! My house is awfully dry for plants. The cement things are heavy, aren't they? I have a bench I bought several years back that took 4 of us to lift...really heavy. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving & some new garden gifts.